Search This Blog

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Crested Butte Colorado





I had THE BEST vacation ever! Phase one--I met Mark and Gretch in Colorado for a few days of laughing, eating, reminiscing...yoga, world class scenary and well....not too much is better than being with them in our family's beloved Rocky Mountains. I have miles of sketches and start with these.

I sat on a corner and could have sketched all day. I was approached by a really darling girl, Melissa Neuner, curious about what I was up to! She has an art studio/school in Crested Butte We talked about art and everything else (!) and became fast friends. I hope to see you next summer, Melissa! Check out her passion, if you are in the area http://crestedbuttestudio.com/default.asp

The church in the distance is where Charles and I found a minister to marry us on the banks of Spring Creek. It is a different color now, so I painted it the way I remember it back in 1981.

The second sketch is dedicated to my brother, Paul---he would call this "Another Day In Paradise"... in this case Paradise Cafe!


This was a day of bliss.......

1 comment:

Margaret Ann said...

Great captures here...Crested Butte is a favorite place of ours as well! Gotta love the Rockies! :)