Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge

I have been encouraged by some friends to join them in the Sketchbook Challenge I recycled an old yoga sketch I did, since yoga is something I am so passionate about.

I had a mission to find THE BEST YOGA in SANTA FE! Tough job but somebody had to do it! Actually, it turned out to be quite an undertaking since there are probably twenty fantastic choices very close to home. After taking multiple classes in seven studios with many teachers, I found the most wonderful teacher Sean Tebor and now I can't break myself away to attend all the other (also excellent) classes.  classes are currently held at the Aspen Ballet Santa Fe Studio while his new studio is being completed. My friend, Jill, and I are so mesmerized by his language, his descriptions, poetry, analogies & his good looks. Oh AND his massive expertise!Yet, we are pure mush when it's all over and can't recall what he said! During my rating process of all the studios, I started writing a few suggested names for his classes....


Sean Tebor’s Magical Mystery Tour *****

Sean Tebor’s Journey to the Center of You *****

Sean Tebor’s Two Hour Thanksgiving I’d Rather Do 28 Downward Dogs Than Eat Pumpkin Pie *****

Sean Tebor’s Yoga is my Drug Of Choice *****

Sean Tebor’s You could be at home and you Chose to attempt Half Moon Pose *****

Sean Tebor’s-Yeah this is gonna get Crazy yoga *****

Sean Tebor's Learn the form, but seek the formless Yoga...*****

Sean Tebor's You are feeling drunk by now Yoga *****


I totally digressed! Back to sketching! I have a goal to gain proficiency in PhotoShop. I have owned it for years and never touched it. So, I took the little yoga sketch I did ages ago and played with her. She enters the yoga studio unaware, unenlightened and not even awake. Her Chakras beginning to show signs of life as she focuses on prana and enjoys well directed asanas. She ends with a deep Savasana and finally is alive, enlightened and aglow by the end of the practice. That's the original sketch in the lower right and she is peeking through as the background, too.  Ahhhh....Yoga, I love you so.

No comments: